Hellooo. In honor of Valentine’s Day this past Sunday, I thought I’d compile a list of my favorite bookish relationships (because aren’t fictional relationships the best kind?). I am definitely a fangirl, so narrowing down my list to ten was a little tricky. But without further ado, here are some of my favorite couples in literature! (P.S. They aren’t in order because that would just be too hard.)
- Katniss and Peeta | The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.
- Will and Tessa | The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare.
- Adrian and Sydney | The Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.
- John and Savannah | Dear John by Nicholas Sparks.
- Celaena and Sam | The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas.
- Aelin and Rowan | The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas.
- Violet and Finch | All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
- Étienne and Anna | Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
- Alice and Jasper | The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.
- Juliet and Warner | The Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi.
There are so many other couples I love, especially ones where I love one of the characters so much and the other is just fine, so they didn’t make the list. I don’t want this list to be confused with being my favorite romances, because while some of these are, many are not. (For example, I adore The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, but it’s kind of tragic and contains one of my favorite characters, not couples.)
What are some of your favorite fictional couples?
Thanks for reading.