Just popping in to share a few quotes that have moved or inspired me recently. Enjoy!
- “I’m not going to die,” she said. “Not till I’ve seen it.”
Her smile widened. “Everything.”
― V.E. Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic
- “Did you know I always thought you were braver than me? Did you ever guess that that was why I was so afraid? It wasn’t that I only loved some of you. But I wondered if you could ever love more than some of me.I knew I’d miss you. But the surprising thing is, you never leave me. I never forget a thing. Every kind of love, it seems, is the only one. It doesn’t happen twice. And I never expected that you could have a broken heart and love with it too, so much that it doesn’t seem broken at all. I know young people look at me and think my youth seems so far away, but it’s all around me, and you’re all around me. Tiger Lily, do you think magic exists if it can be explained? I can explain why I loved you, I can explain the theory of evolution that tells me why mermaids live in Neverland and nowhere else. But it still feels magic.
The lost boys all stood at our wedding. Does it seem odd to you that they could have stood at a wedding that wasn’t yours and mine? It does to me. and I’m sorry for it, and for a lot, and I also wouldn’t change it.
It is so quiet here. Even with all the trains and the streets and the people. It’s nothing like the jungle. The boys have grown. Everything has grown. Do you think you will ever grow? I hope not. I like to think that even if I change and fade away, some other people won’t.
I like to think that one day after I die, at least one small particle of me – of all the particles that will spread everywhere – will float all the way to Neverland, and be part of a flower or something like that, like that poet said, the one that your Tik Tok loved. I like to think that nothing’s final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don’t, that it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else, that you and I are always young in the woods, and that I’ll see you sometime again, even if it’s not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the way things go after all – that all things end happy. Even for you and Tik Tok. and for you and me.
P.S. Please give my love to Tink. She was always such a funny little bug.”
― Jodi Lynn Anderson, Tiger Lily
- “Very few of us are what we seem.” ― Agatha Christie, The Man in the Mist
- Esse quam videri.
- “Simplicity is an acquired taste. Mankind instinctively complicates life.” – K.F. Gerould
- “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different…” – C.S. Lewis
- “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart.”
- “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
- “I always ask myself why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
- “You get a strange feeling when you’re about to leave a place, I told him, like you’ll not only miss the people you love but you’ll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you’ll never be this way ever again.” ― Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran
- “All guilt is rooted in the inability to forgive oneself.” – Michelle A. Homme
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
- “One day, whether you are 14, 28 or 65
you will stumble upon someone who will start a fire in you that cannot die.
However, the saddest, most awful truth you will ever come to find –
is they are not always with whom we spend our lives.” ― Beau Taplin, Hunting Season
- “Die with memories, not dreams.”
- “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
- “Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.”
- “She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them.” ― Beau Taplin, Unstoppable
- “The problem was I wanted to be yours, more than I ever wanted to be mine.” – Beau Taplin, The Problem
- “It is a frightening thought, that in one fraction of a moment you can fall in the kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over.” – Beau Taplin
- “And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”
- “Seduce my mind and you can have my body,
Find my soul and I’m yours forever.” – Anonymous
- “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.”
- “I love the person I’ve become, because I fought to become her.” – Kaci Diane
- “Don’t say maybe if you want to say no.”
- “Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.” – Susan Statham
Thanks for reading.