1. One year ago today, I attended the One Direction concert in my city. So much has changed since then, yet much has also remained more or less the same.
2. I haven’t gained or lost weight since going vegan over a week ago, but I feel better about my body. Maybe it’s the diet change itself or maybe I just can’t hate this body when it is working so hard to make a difference in the world. But that begs the question: why can’t I simply respect it for keeping me alive?
3. Halsey is an extraordinary lyrical talent. She is so utterly poetic and raw and she brings images and emotions to life with her vocal chords.
4. The band Bring Me the Horizon named itself after part of the last quote in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, when Jack says “Now, bring me that horizon.” I think I might love this small detail more than the band’s music, which, by the way, is fantastic.
5. I have my hopes and my theories, but underneath them all, I am Team Aelin. If you know, you know.
6. I think I’ve finally decided where I’m applying early action and it is simultaneously terrifying and exhilarating. Nothing good will come of it, most likely, but at least I’ll know that I gave it my all.
7. My sister is running for student council at her school and she designed the most adorable posters I have ever seen and when I did see them, I was overcome with a gushy feeling of adoration for her. She was already in bed, but I just wanted to squeeze her. (I did today and she did not take it well.)
8. Lately, I’ve been going by a different name in my head than the one I was born with. It feels normal and right and that’s disconcerting for a girl who’s spent the better part of three years searching for another name that fits her wholly.
9. London is endgame, but what about hockey?
10. I am reluctant to begin writing both essays and blog posts because they are often large emotional, mental, and time commitments. I think that sometimes I just don’t know where to start, or if I do, I fear the process will be draining. But I find (and subsequently forget for the next time) that I actually enjoy writing blog posts and don’t mind writing most essays once I’m in the rhythm of thinking and typing and backspacing and reconsidering and then typing again.